background

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

daily valentine for my hubby


Around the new year of 2010, I stared a "what I love about you" journal for my husband. I wrote at least one thing I loved about him, or I was thankful for about him EVERY DAY for over a year- then I gave it to him v-day 2011. I really enjoied how it changed my thoughts towards him, and brought me closer to him- even though he had no idea I was doing it. So i've decided to do it again for the month of february. I got myself a picture frame from the closet, a piece of scrapbook paper - it was 12x12, but I cut it down to 81/2x11 to print on it,and trimmed it to fit in my frame (which is a document frame, so I didn't need to take much off. Jeff is a NO frills kind of guy, so I went with blue- it does have a light swirl pattern to it, but it's pretty simple. I picked a font I liked and printed out the words "I love you because. . . " Every day I plan to write him a note and leave it around our room for him to find. I might even leave it in his car the last day- otherwise I might not get it back in time for the next day). Use a dry erase marker (or if you have to use a permenant marker, make sure you have hair spray to take it off with!). Then you can just wipe it off and write a new one every day! I think this would be fun to do for the kids as well, but lets not get too carried away, I'm already doing other valentines things for them!

No comments:

Post a Comment