background

Thursday, January 12, 2012

Halloween tulle wreath

Halloween Wreath out of lefto overs~



Sadly, the pictures don't show how cute this project really is!
This one cost me absolutely nothing! Everything I had was just taking up space in my house!
This is the back side of the wreath, but it could easily be the front! I haven't taken a picture of it finished because I haven't hung it up yet! Mine has a white Ghost bell hanging in the center to finish it off. I will try to get a picture up soon!


You will need

a picture frame. mine is 8x10 in size, and was already black. Take the glass and back out. if yours is a different color, you can easily paint it.
a whole lot of tulle! Mine is left over from costumes, so it's just strips of black, black with purple sparkles, black with red sparkles and then the orange. I am going to say you need a yard total, maybe a yard and a half if you like it really full.
You will also need some fun little Halloween thing to hang from the center. and a thin black ribbon to attach it to the frame.

Here's how to do it! Just cut your strips into roughly 10-12 inch strips. Either push the little metal pieces that hold the glass in as far into the frame as you can or pull them out with a pair of pliers. Tie the tulle around the frame in whatever pattern you like. I tied all mine on the same side, but you could tie some in front and some in back if you like. Keep tying until you like how full it is, or until you run out of tulle.
That's it! I used a thin black ribbon to tie around the top of the frame and into my ghost bell, which hangs about half way down. I used a decoration that is the same on both sides so I can make either side the front. I like the tulle peaking out the back and my kids like it all puffy, so we can change it up! Hang it whichever way you like and enjoy your quick and easy project!

No comments:

Post a Comment